The day my world was born.

My little Alexander is finally turning one. My how the time has flown. I cannot believe my eyes that my son, my world has grown so fast. This is the story of when he was born.
June 29, 2012 - July 4, 2012 I had been having some contractions for a week. We had gone to the delivery room in hopes that we were going to meet our son. Just to be turned away 2 times because I was not dilating fast enough. The nurses kept telling me that they expect to see me in a few hours because they were certain I was going to be having my son soon. Alex as I now know it was stubborn as hell then as he is now! So I was on some serious medication and still walking like no other. I really think this was the most i have ever walked in the history of my life. Doesn't help that it was 100 degrees outside. I was trying all kinds of methods to induce labor for a whole week. July 5, 2012 So here we are I went to my doctor to see what the heck is going on with me and if i could possibly be induced. The answer was no. Due to Riverton's IHC policy first time moms can no be induced unless they are past their due date. Frustrated my doctor tried to in gross terms thin out my membrane. I went home disappointed and sent Nate back to work. Later that night we went for a walk and i decided to go home and take a bath. All of a sudden my contractions felt unbelievably worse. Worried I was going to be denied a room again and sent back home I didn't want to go to the hospital. Nate made me. We got there and the staff were so stressed. They had no rooms available. People were having babies in the check out room and they were turning people away who were suppose to be induced that night. I started to bawl my eyes out before i even spoke to the staff because i was worried i wasn't going to be seen. They saw me and immediately put me in a room before others that were there who seemed fine to them. Now for the fun part... I was having such sever contractions and pain. My contractions were on top of the chart and 2-3 min apart. However i was not dilating. What the hell?! They gave me a shot of morphine and i was still in so much pain. I was there for 2 hours and they finally told me they have to send me home. I couldn't even manage to get in the wheelchair. But they kept saying there was nothing they could do. July 6, 2012 I was trying to get in the wheel chair but couldn't. I finally was telling them to let me go to the bathroom. As i was in there i looked down to find blood everywhere! I waddled out of the bathroom and told Nate to call the nurse. The nurse (who was horrible by the way) tried to convince me that it was normal to bleed a lot. This was not normal after speaking to my OBGYN's nurse. She then told me I really need to leave the hospital. As i was turning around to grab my stuff my water broke. I then turned to my nurse and was escorted back to the bed without words being spoken. They called my doctor. He arrived looked and was completely shocked. They barely had enough time to get em my epidural, scrubbed up and ready to go. 8 min 6 pushes and Alex was born at 2.04 am. He was 8.4 ounces and 19.5 inches long (which they had actually measured wrong. Tears were shed my parents and my sister came. No major complication with Alex. His heart and breathing were a bit fast but as soon as i was able to hold him he was fine. This is the story of my world being born.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The New Year

Updates